Friday, October 22, 2010

Electric Six, October 22 at the Key Club

One of the things that attracted me initially to Carla, when we were still talking online and before we had met in person, was that she know who the Electric Six were, much less was a fan, even more much less saw them at the Troubadour years ago, before I even knew about them. I had had a ticket from months before (even without a plan to go with someone) and I mentioned to Carla about going and she dug one up from a blogger she knew so we were set for another show together. We hit the sushi place across the street beforehand, a ritual shared with a number of concert-companions before a lot of shows (but a special dinner for us), and got in to the show just in time to get a drink and find somewhere to stand (in this case near the back of the place/near the entrance, but in a place as small as the Key Club, still a great line to see the stage). At this point the yearly Electric Six show is just a regular event and the set list changes only to accommodate a few new songs and Dick's jokes, which are different enough since last time to make you think that he probably uses the same cracks from show to show (as reported that he said the same things about his drummer being the glue of the band the night before in San Diego) but remembers the ones he used last time. But I have yet to be to an Electric Six show that was any less than thoroughly awesome (though if I had to count something off for this one I would say I was bummed by the exclusion of "Improper Dancing" and the extra song they wedge into it) and I might have to admit to being distracted but Carla was as into the show as I was and we rocked out (as we do). Then as soon as the show was over we were out.

The Electric Six’s set-list:

"After Hours"
"Be My Dark Angel"
"Gay Bar"
"Gay Bar Part 2"
"She's White"
"Body Shot"
"Jam It In the Hole"
"The Future is in the Future"
"Clusterfuck"
"Bite Me"
"Formula 409"
"American Cheese"
"Danger! High Voltage"
"I Buy the Drugs"
"Down At McDonnelzz"

"Rubberband Man"
"Dance Epidemic"
"Dance Pattern"
"Dance Commander"

No comments: