Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pixies, November 5 at the Palladium

The second Pixies show, with Ahmed and Gary, drinking way-overpriced beers (made easier by the drinks we also had before the show). Same concert as the night before, with little variation beyond the band playing tighter, no screw-ups from Kim, and a bit more straight-faced. The encore, however, was completely different, including "The Holiday Song", one of my very favorites, and one I had only seen them play maybe once before. Another great show but by this point I was glad to have skipped the third show, as the only way they could have changed it up was in the encores, most likely with songs I've already seen them play (though it would have been worth it for "I've Been Tired" or "Dig For Fire" or "Levitate Me" or "Letter From Memphis" but I wasn't going to hold out hope for that).

The Pixies' set-list:
"Dancing the Manta Ray"
"Weird at My School"
"Bailey's Walk"
"Manta Ray"
"Debaser"
"Tame"
"Wave of Mutilation"
"I Bleed"
"Here Comes Your Man"
"Dead"
"Monkey Gone to Heaven"
"Mr. Grieves"
"Crackity Jones"
"La La Love You"
"No. 13 Baby"
"There Goes My Gun"
"Hey"
"Silver"
"Gouge Away"


"Wave of Mutilation (UK Surf)"
"Into the White"

"The Holiday Song"
"Nimrod's Son"
"Vamos"
"Caribou"

No comments: